Kala Azar Elimination
Preventing and addressing the spread of non-communicable diseases and non-tropical diseases that threaten the survival of marginalised communities.Ananta Health Care is supporting the implementation of the National Kala Azar Elimination Programme of the Government of India to accelerate the progress of its elimination. Our work banks heavily on entomological surveillance, operational research and digitisation through information mapping and management. Our research and programmatic support further aim to prevent and address Non-Communicable Diseases and Non-Tropical Diseases.
- Reduction in number of Blocks in Bihar and Jharkhand above the elimination level target (more than 1 case in 10,000 population) from 167 in 2013 to 16 in 2020.
- Reduction in number of VL cases in Bihar and Jharkhand from 10,638 in 2013 to 1934 in 2020
- Reduction in number of villages with at least one case from 5397 in 2013 to 1732 in 2020
- Reduction in average time taken for treatment after diagnosis (in days) from 5 days in Bihar and 7 days in Jharkhand in 2013 to 2 days in Bihar and Jharkhand in 2020.
- Complete information of 54554 kala Azar cases in KAMIS with geo-tagging done for over 88% of the cases.
- IRS coverage (complete) increased from 37% in 2014 to 70% in 2021 in Bihar and 5% in 2015 to 76% in 2021 in Jharkhand.
- % of house refusing to spray (IRS) reduced from 11.3% in 2014 to 2.6% in 2021 in Bihar and from 8.7% in 2015 to 0.6% in 2021 in Jharkhand